Official Contest Rules
Thank you for your interest in our 2024 calendar contest! Please thoroughly read through all of the guidelines prior to entering.
- Only photographs of companion animals will be selected. Photos with humans will not be included in the calendar.
- Please note: due to the dimensions of the calendar, all photos will be cropped into a square before they enter the judging process. Keep in mind that this may alter the composition of your photo. Landscape orientation preferred.
- All animals must be depicted in a humane and dignified manner.
- Digital entries in jpeg (.jpg) or tiff (.tif) format is prefered. Photos must be at least 1 MB to be considered for entry. As a general rule of thumb, your photo must print clearly at 8.5″ x 8.5″ to qualify for a month or cover page. Smaller photos may be entered, but will only be used for the collage pages.
- If you’re submitting an entry in ‘Honor Of’ or in ‘Memory of’ a pet that has passed and do not have a digital copy, you may send physical photos, by mail to 1020 Cox Road, Cocoa, FL 32926, Attn: Media. Your photo must be a 5″ x 7″ or larger and will be returned to you after the contest.
- If your entry was taken by a professional photographer or commercial studio, you must send us a signed copyright release, by mail (Brevard Humane Society, 1020 Cox Road, Cocoa, FL 32926, Attn: Media). Be sure to include your full name and the file name of the photo you submitted along with the release.
- All entries must be received by the Brevard Humane Society no later than noon, JUNE 30th, 2023 to be considered.
- Photos become the property of the Brevard Humane Society and may be used and/or altered for the calendar and for other fundraising efforts.
- You will be notified if your photo is chosen for the cover or as a Photo of the Month. All other photos will appear in the calendar on a collage page.