Would you like to Promote your business in the Best Pets of Brevard 2025? Become a calendar sponsor. Click Here
Official Contest Rules
Thank you for your interest in our 2025 calendar contest! Please thoroughly read through all of the guidelines prior to entering.
- Only photographs of companion animals will be selected. Photos with humans will not be included in the calendar.
- Please note: due to the dimensions of the calendar, all photos will be cropped before they enter the judging process. Keep in mind that this may alter the composition of your photo. Landscape orientation preferred.
- All animals must be depicted in a humane and dignified manner.
- Digital entries in jpeg format is preferred. Photos must be at least 2.5MB to be considered for entry. As a general rule of thumb, your photo must print clearly at 8.5″ x 8.5″ to qualify for a month or cover page. Smaller photos may be entered, but will only be used for the collage pages.
- If you’re submitting an entry in ‘Honor Of’ or in ‘Memory of’ a pet that has passed and do not have a digital copy, you may send physical photos, by mail to 1020 Cox Road, Cocoa, FL 32926, Attn: Media. Your photo must be a 5″ x 7″ or larger and will not be returned to you after the contest.
- If your entry was taken by a professional photographer or commercial studio, you must send us a signed copyright release, by mail (Brevard Humane Society, 1020 Cox Road, Cocoa, FL 32926, Attn: Media). Be sure to include your full name and the file name of the photo you submitted along with the release.
- All entries must be received by the Brevard Humane Society no later than noon, JUNE 30th, 2024 to be considered.
- Photos become the property of the Brevard Humane Society and may be used and/or altered for the calendar and for other fundraising efforts.
- You will be notified if your photo is chosen for the cover or as a Photo of the Month. All other photos will appear in the calendar on a collage page.