Join Our Team!
At the Brevard Humane Society, caring for animals isn’t just a job — it’s our passion.
We pride ourselves on being a respected leader for the protection and welfare of animals and we offer our employees a collaborative and entrepreneurial working environment. Our talented and highly innovative team have strong knowledge, skills, and passion for the animals we serve and protect. If you share our love for animals and are dedicated to making a difference in their lives and the community we serve, we encourage you to review our job descriptions and apply for one of our open positions.
To provide a clean, healthy and safe environment, provide food and water, dog walking, scooping litter, minor grooming and administering medication, for our guests during their stay.
- Maintain cleanliness of the facility; including suites, play areas (indoor and outdoor), lobby, grooming room, bathroom and food prep area.
- Keep suites clean throughout the day and make sure the guests are happy and healthy.
- Daily washing of dishes; blankets, toys, etc.
- Help customers with any questions they might have.
- Assist in behavioral assessments with Clients and guests.
- Make sure all pathways and floors are kept dry, free of hoses and other cleaning tools throughout the facility.
- Empty all waste containers and mop buckets and put them in proper area.
- Check in all guests and determine proper placement based on status.
- Keep outside play areas neat and clean, free of litter, and make sure all feces is pickup out of the yard.
- Answer radio and assist office staff with Clients and guests coming into and departing the facility.
- Be aware of any problems such as behavioral problems, injury or sickness, or any other problems that might arise and report same.
- Perform any other duties as assigned or specified by the Supervisor.
Job Type: Part-time & Full-time positions available
Education: A high school diploma or GED is required Experience: None
Skills: Must be able to follow directions.
- Time management skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Must be attentive and pay close attention to guests during their visit and must be able to articulate in a guest journal that will be provided to the Client immediately following each visit.
- Must be detail-oriented, problem-solving individuals who can easily follow written directions and who can express themselves in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Must maintain emotional control during stressful situations, last-minute schedule changes, changes in care instructions, extreme weather, emergencies, etc. Frequent standing, brisk walking, lifting of heavy guests, and potentially dealing with guests that jump up and have poor manners.
- Energy, good physical health, strength, fitness, animal sense and stamina are a must.
Uniforms: Hospital scrubs top or t-shirt. Jeans or scrubs bottom (no torn, ripped, or stained jeans) that cover ankles. Closed-toed non-skid rubber-bottom shoes.
Pay: $11.00 an hour to start **Pay will be dependent upon experience and certification(s) held.**
Experienced candidates should apply online by downloading the Brevard Humane Society job application from our website, https://brevardhumanesociety.org/careers/ and emailing it to CAC.Manager@brevardhumanesociety.org.
The Brevard Humane Society is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position as a Kennel Lead at our Cocoa Campus location.
The candidate will assist in:
- Maintaining the kennel and the animals housed in our facility and actively participate in morning duties prior to opening to the public and will act as Kennel Manager when needed.
- Throughout the day, they will be expected to keep kennels and cages cleaned and make sure the animals are happy and healthy and actively oversee/participate in cleaning procedures.
- Daily washing of dishes, distributing donated items, as well as disinfecting of carriers and litter boxes will also be expected.
- Must be willing to answer customer questions and assist in conducting interactions between customers and adoption center animals and will be expected to participate in scheduled transports.
- The candidate will be expected to keep volunteers and community service busy with various tasks and train subordinates. Must keep all floors, hallways, and yards neat and clean.
- Must be able to follow directions, work in a fast-paced, team environment, and have excellent time management skills.
Requirements: Euthanasia certification.
*Pay will be dependent upon experience and certification(s) held.**
Location: Cocoa Campus, 1020 Cox Road, Cocoa, FL 32926
**To be considered for this job position, please make sure you have gone to our website, www.brevardhumanesociety.org, downloaded and completed the job application, and emailed it to: Kennel.Manager@brevardhumanesociety.org
Cremation Services Representative
The Brevard Humane Society is seeking a part-time Cremation Services Representative to support all aspects of the operation of the Heavenly Paws Chapel and Cremation Services. Candidate is required to be certified to perform witnessed and non-witnessed euthanasia as well as the cremation process for pets by ensuring the pet is humanely euthanized with as much comfort as possible and the remains are properly received and processed at the crematory. The cremains will then be returned to the authorized person(s) while ensuring the utmost compassion is displayed with the handling of all functions relating to the process.
- Candidate must accurately complete all required documentation with respect to euthanasia, cremation process and equipment maintenance.
- Strict adherence to all professional, municipal, state and federal licensing authority regulations applicable to the euthanasia and/or cremation of pet remains process.
- Promote a safe work environment by being aware of and practicing universal precautions and following the general principles of safe conduct during the above-mentioned tasks.
- Maintain the crematorium, equipment, Chapel and grounds in a presentable manner as directed.
- Be able to lift 50 to 75 lbs. unassisted, ensure the cremation units run as required by Humane Society standards and be willing to process communal and special cremations as needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment and have the ability to function with confidence individually as well as with a team. Must have a strong compassion for animals; be self-motivated, able to communicate with customers on delicate matters of the heart and capable of multitasking. Must be reliable, have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, detail oriented, and able to work a flexible schedule. Pay will depend on experience.
Location: Heavenly Paws Chapel, 1020 Cox Road, Cocoa, FL 32926 (321) 636-3343
**To be considered for this job position, please make sure you have gone to our website, www.brevardhumanesociety.org, downloaded and completed the job application, and emailed it to: CAC.Manager@brevardhumanesociety.org