Before You Surrender:
If you need to surrender your animal we take admissions by appointment only, please call 321.636.3343. Please note that an appointment does NOT guarantee the Brevard Humane Society will intake your dog or cat. In an effort to give the animals the best possible chance of being rehomed an in-depth discussion about the animal and completion of the pet’s personality profile is required.
The Brevard Humane Society does NOT euthanize based on space or length of stay. We intake solely based on population and space available to ensure all pets entrusted in our care are given as much time as needed to find their new, forever home.
When You Surrender:
You will need:
- A pre-scheduled appointment (see above)
- To fill out our Surrender Form and complete a personality profile provided at Intake
- Any of your pet’s medications or special food, if required
- Photo ID
After You Surrender:
- You surrender all owner rights. Once you’ve surrendered an animal, you cannot obtain information about whether or not he/she was adopted, current owner status, etc.
- Animals are evaluated and either made available for adoption or humanely euthanized