You must meet the following criteria in order to become a volunteer with the Brevard Humane Society:
- Commit to volunteering a minimum of 50 hours annually
- Be at least 10 years of age. Volunteers ages 10-15 must apply AND must volunteer in conjunction with their parent or guardian
- Volunteers ages 16-17 must have written approval from a parent or legal guardian
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to attend our Dog Handling class. Volunteers under the age of 16 are welcome to walk dogs with a parent; however, their parent or guardian must have control of the animal at all times.
- If you would like to volunteer as a group, please email us for further details/instruction.