Get ready to put your paws in the sand at Lori Wilson Park!
All participants must conform to the following rules in order to participate:
- Participants must be 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult
- All walkers must have a pledge sheet and signed the “Waiver of Liability” in order to participate
- Dog must be current on all vaccinations
- All dogs must be licensed with collars/tags and be leashed
- Leashes should not be any longer than 6 feet in length
- Dogs known to be aggressive with other dogs/people should not be brought to the event
BEFORE THE WALK
- Pledge/Registration forms should be downloaded, filled out clearly, completely and legibly.
- Gather as many donations/pledges as you can. Ask family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. to pledge an amount and check with your employer to see if they will match your donations.
- Original copy of the form and all monies collected are to be turned in to your team captain (if participating with a team) or to the Brevard Humane Society no later than 8:00 am on Sunday, April 21st.
- You are responsible for the collection of all pledges. You and/or your team will not be credited for pledges that have not been collected and turned in to the Brevard Humane Society.
DAY OF THE WALK
- Registration begins at 7:30am. Walk begins at 8:00am.
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Download and utilize the WoofTrax app to track the miles you walked
- Remember to bring your pledge form(s) and any monies not previously turned in to your team captain or the Brevard Humane Society
- A special prize will be awarded to the individual/dog who raises the most in pledges
- The Brevard Humane Society will provide water stations for the dogs.
- We will walk rain or shine, so be prepared either way.
- DO NOT LITTER & PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR PET!