Third Party Event Policies & Procedures
In order to ensure that the Brevard Humane Society’s name, image and reputation are properly represented, we ask that all third-party fundraisers abide by the following policies. Your cooperation will help us guarantee consistency and quality in the events. Thank you for your generosity in helping us save the lives of animals in need.
Brevard Humane Society can provide informational materials about BHS and our programs and services. Advance notice is needed with quantity and types of information requested in order for BHS to provide these materials.
Due to the number of requests we receive, the Brevard Humane Society may attempt to provide, but cannot guarantee:
- Promotion of your event:
a. This may include listing on our community calendar, in our publications, advertising on social media sites, and/or displaying posters inside our facility.
b. Staff, volunteers, or animals to attend. All animals must be accompanied by a trained Brevard Humane Society staff member or volunteer.
- While we may be able to provide guidance for your event, we do not have the personnel to handle the organizational and administrative tasks associated with third-party events. Therefore, you are responsible for all details of the event, including: underwriting or providing all of the related costs, recruiting volunteers to help at the event, creating flyers for the event and working the actual event.
- We do ask that you submit all publicity and promotional material containing Brevard Humane Society’s name and/or logo to the Brevard Humane Society’s Media Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) for review and approval prior to publication and distribution of these materials.
- The event must be promoted in a manner to avoid statements or the appearance that the Brevard Humane Society endorses any product, firm, organization, individual, or service.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage or portion of proceeds that will benefit the Brevard Humane Society.
- Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all permits, especially for raffles, as well as their own liability insurance to cover the event. Brevard Humane Society is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third-party events.
- We cannot process third-party event expenses. Only final net proceeds from the event can be processed by the Brevard Humane Society. Third-party fundraising events must be financially self-sustaining without contribution from or financial risk to Brevard Humane Society.
- Brevard Humane Society is the beneficiary – not a sponsor – of third-party fundraising events. Promotional materials that use Brevard Humane Society’s name should incorporate the following statement: “Proceeds to benefit Brevard Humane Society.”
- Please note that third-party and community fundraisers cannot be held at the Brevard Humane Society.
- We are happy to provide acknowledgements to individuals and businesses that have made donations to the Brevard Humane Society through your event, but we must receive each person/businesses full name, address, donation type and amount.
- If you have additional questions about your fundraising event, please contact us at: email@example.com or 321.636.3343 ext. 218
Brevard Humane Society reserves the right to decline participation or cancel participation in a fundraiser for any reason. Generally, the following fundraisers will NOT be approved:
- Fundraisers that do not adhere to Brevard Humane Society Third-party Fundraisers Policies and Procedures
- Fundraisers that require significant attendance from Brevard Humane Society staff or volunteers
- Fundraisers scheduled in close proximity to an existing Brevard Humane Society fundraising event
- Fundraisers that are controversial in nature or do not represent a positive image for the Brevard Humane Society