A gift of appreciated securities like stocks, bonds and mutual funds may be an attractive way for you to support the Brevard Humane Society’s mission. When you transfer ownership of securities to us you will receive a charitable deduction for the full market value and incur no capital gains tax subject to IRS deductible limitations.
We encourage you to alert us in advance with the details of your appreciated gift so we can properly acknowledge your donation. Electronic security transfers do not necessarily provide us with your information.
Please provide the following:
- Your Name, address and contact information
- Name of the security
- Number of shares and estimated value
- Approximate transfer date and transferring brokerage firm
Mutual Fund Donations
Mutual fund companies have a variety of different rules when transferring ownership of shares. Please contact your mutual fund company and Theresa Clifton at: 321-636.3343 ext. 204 to facilitate the process.
- To receive the appropriate tax deduction, a receipt from a charity is required for gifts over $250.
- Security gifts are subject to the IRS deduction limits.
- A security’s charitable value is determined by the date the security is received in a charity’s designated account.